Sunday, September 12, 2010

Feeling accomplished, scared, and thankful

It's the little things in life that make all the difference.

Today I visited my mom who has been having a stressful season.
Caught up with a dear friend I haven't talked to in ages.
Cleaned out my car and stroller!
Went on a run.

Not a whole lot to most people but to me it made all the difference in my little world. Doing just one small thing for myself everyday is a tremendous gift and makes all the difference in my sanity.

Today I have been pondering the fact that my dear son is now a toddler. It is inevitable that he will start pressing boundaries at every opportunity and I will have to start being more than just the loving doting mother. This is where real parenting beings.

Like any other feat in my life I have decided to start this season with massive amounts of research. I have checked out somewhere around 4 books from my library as a start. I want to give my kid the best I can and I realize that parenting "by the book" rarely works, but hey a little help can't hurt either! On a side note- I love libraries! It's like going to a bookstore where everything is free. Makes my little heart happy and I plan to renew my love of literature with a passion in the weeks to come.

I'm a bit scared of raising a toddler. Even with all my experience in childcare it's daunting. I mean, this is MY kid. If I screw him up, that's on me. It's an entirely different animal to create and establish your own set of discipline, potty training, sharing strategies, etc. than to simply enforce what another parent has already set their mind to. It's overwhelming and I honestly feel like I'm not going to do a great job :-( I hope I'm wrong.

Every bit of motherhood has pushed me to my limits and made me a stronger better person for it, I have no doubt this season will be much of the same.

On a happy note I will now continue to the entire reason I stated blogging tonight. I need to give massive praise to God!

All my life I have struggled with asthma. For as long as I can remember my inhaler has been my constant companion. I could never go anywhere without it for risk and fear that I would not be able to breathe. Anyone who has ever felt that way knows how frightening that feeling is. It's horrific and I would not wish it on anyone.

Randomly a couple weeks ago I went for a run. Usually I take my inhaler preventatively knowing that I will need it. Well, that day I forgot to. After I ran 4 miles in 40 minutes I realized that I didn't use it, and I COULD STILL BREATHE! It was shocking.

The next day I thought why not try it again? So I skipped my meds and went for it and again, I was fine! For the rest of the week I went for daily runs and did not need it once. I could BREATHE!

I have not done anything to change my dependence on my inhaler. I eat the same things I used to, I still have the same allergies, etc. So there is no major explanation for this miracle. I could say that I've: 1.) outgrown my asthma, 2.) Got in such amazing shape that my body healed itself, 3.) recovered due to my natural cleaning products and use of lavender essential oil at night or 4.) God healed me.

Of all those options I have to say that the most plausible to me is that God has given me a miraculous gift and healed my lungs. I CAN BREATHE! I know that Jesus loves me because I can breathe :-) It's incredible. Glory to the LORD on high! Thank you for restoring my body to its original design. Thank You for breaking my dependency on drugs. Thank You for this incredible gift!

Ok world, I'm off to bed. I have a sick kiddo that will need me bright and early tomorrow morning. Praying that he, my hubby and I are all well!

Ciao bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment