Sunday, April 3, 2011

Embracing my pregnant body

I did something very nice for myself today. I unpacked my fat clothes/ maternity clothes and put away things that are tight or will be in the very near future.

I recently lost a good deal of weight and I am proud of that. I've struggled with knowing that my new body is going to change yet again. I've been trying to prove to no one in particular that just because it's my second pregnancy doesn't mean I'm going to look pregnant soon.

Well you know what? I've sick of that.

I have a very short torso and there is simply no where for my growing uterus to push my organs except up and out. Yes I'm 12 weeks pregnant and showing, but who cares? I've gain .5lbs according to my midwives, the changes are not my "gaining weight," they are all baby. I'm not going to force myelf to wear clothes that make me uncomfortable to prove some ridiculous point.

I'm tired of feeling like a fat girl trying to fit into too small clothes. I am embracing my pregnant and changing body and I feel SOOO much happier about it already. Sure my clothes are a bit big now, but that's gotta be better than too small.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go my friend! There is no reason to hide it. You were super cute when you were pregnant with J, and I know you will be again! If you've got it, flaunt it!
    Besides, who doesn't think pregnant ladies are super cute? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whit! You are awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete