Passover is Monday night and I am stoked to celebrate it. As a believer in Christ it has unbelievable significance. It is my favorite holy day and one of my top 10 reasons for grasping the roots of my faith and following Biblical holy days.
The Passover story is found in the book of Exodus. It details God's victory over tyranny and persecution to free his people from the land of sin and shame. Through miraculous works the Lord delivers the Hebrews with plagues on their captors of frogs, blood, darkness, boils, cattle disease, hail, locusts, lice, flies and even death of the first born. This all resulted in total destruction and finally the release of the people into freedom. Through the blood of the Passover lamb the Hebrews were spared the plague of death.
For the Christ-follower we see a shadow of a greater deliverance that came later. As God delivered the Heberews from the land of death, so Jesus delivers us from death itself. He became the Passover lamb, sacrificed so that we might enter into life. Covered by His blood we gain life and freedom from sin. We are no longer slaves to sin and death. the significance of this holy day must not be missed!
The Passover Seder is filled with more meaning and depth than I can attempt to go into now. If you have the opportunity to attend one, I strongly encourage you. Every year it fills me with awe and gratitude.
I look forward to Monday :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment